I looked round Falmouth Town today for things I could use to make the carousel. I was amazed what I found in Trego Mill's kitchen & home baking section. I bought;
- 3 deep cook metallic dishes; for the roof and base of the carousel,
- 1 kitchen roll dispenser; for the central pole of the carousel,
- white base acrylic paint- as a base to decorate over,
- white kitchen food netting cover- to use as a drape/curtain I thought would look nice,
- glue gun so I have a clean fix.
Unfortunately the acrylic paint did not take to the metallic or wood as thick as I would have liked, so I plan to paper mache over them first, then paint over to create a thicker, bolder finish.