I have FINALLY finished my penguin lip syncing. It took me about about 20 hours to do. I need to leave the computer for a while and look at it again before I can evaluate it. I feel like a zombie at the moment.
Here is a further development of my maya room. I've changed the material of the sofa, introduced a rug using some Indian style textures and added some lighting. I was struggling with adding lighting to the room as I had my giraffe picture right by the window. I moved the giraffes away and put a directional spotlight in between not the render is much better. Still needs work obviously.
This is the start of my penguin lip sync animation.
This took me about an hour to do. I learnt a lot so far doing it. I realized I was putting in the lip movement far to slowly and had to select everything and drag it forward by about 12 frames. I haven't put in the movement of arms, eyes or the other 2 penguins yet but I decided it would be easier and less confusing doing them all individually to put all my focus on one at a time.
After being really ill over the weekend I managed to do some more work this week on my 3D Maya room. I struggle quite a lot with 3D and it takes me ages to pick up techniques and I can only take in so much information at once. So far I have learnt loads from making this room through trial and error and with help from people around me and tutorials. I wanted to make an interesting psychedelic room, kind of like a surreal 60s room with a big window, crazy furniture and giraffes looking through the window- suggesting the room is upstairs or like a space ship may be.