Tuesday 15 February 2011

Post Production - Book influence mood board.

As a Christmas present I was given the book 'The Master and Margarita' which is a Russian Novel translation published in the 30s (around the time my Bible is set) Mikhail Bulgakov. It's described as being 'woven around the premise of a visit by the Devil to the fervently atheistic Soviet Union. Many critics consider the book to be one of the greatest novels of the 20th century, as well as one of the foremost Soviet satires, directed against a suffocatingly bureaucratic social order.'
I have been very influenced creatively from reading this book with it's rich source of character description and have used it in my bible to enrich my character designs.
Here are some book covers I feel conveys a good sense of the book.





This influence has directly lead me to base my fairground setting in 1930s Russia.



No comments:

Post a Comment