Tuesday 15 February 2011

Margarita & Concept Art

In the book I described is a character called Margarita. I have not taken her exact physical description from the book but instead just her name and based her aesthetics on a friend of mine who is of Latvian nationality although very similarly of stereotypical female Russian appearance.

I took her photo and sketched a character design of her accentuating certain features such as the defined, long eyebrows and high cheekbones.

I wanted to take on board her exotic feel and cast her in my bible as a Russian gypsy working at the fairground.
Directly above and below are collage concept pieces depicting her character.

I was trying to extend my range of media to create interesting concept art. The piece below I used just make up.
The piece below I painted in red wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment